Welcome to the new Leadership South Dakota Website. Follow us to see the latest happenings related to Leadership South Dakota.Follow Us
Leadership South Dakota will prepare and promote future leaders in the state with the knowledge and skills they need to lead South Dakota organizations in the future.
Leadership South Dakota Participant Stories
Benefits of Leadership South Dakota
- Increased understanding of South Dakota through site tours and hearing from the people
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Improved public speaking skills through participation over the course of the program
- Expansion of an informed network of colleagues
- Improved team building skills through group discussion
- Development of critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strengthened employee skill through training in leadership and strategic thinking
- Increased visibility and access to community leaders and resources
- Encourages employee volunteerism and leadership through exposure to the variety of community and non-profit organizations that service the state
- Expanded leadership and critical thinking abilities, which will result in improved, and confident decision makers for your company
- Development of positive, strong and educated leaders for South Dakota
- Increased cultural awareness of local issues
- Encourages business reinvestment in our communities and state
- Development of comprehensive relationships
- Promotion of South Dakota resources
- Growth of a diverse pool of active, community-oriented citizens
September 20 - 22, 2017, in Pierre, you’ll have program orientation, launch your leadership research projects, and go behind the scenes of SD State Government, to learn how our state leadership works from the people who make it work.
October 18 - 20, 2017, Brookings, home to our state’s land grant university, is a perfect setting for you to gain valuable insight into our state’s #1 industry, agriculture, as well as the all-important topic of education.
November 15 - 17, 2017, in Rapid City, you’ll dive into the incredible impact of South Dakota tourism and crucial issues of natural resources and energy.