Application Window Closes Soon
Applications for the 2018 Leadership South Dakota Class will be accepted between February 1, 2017 and March 31, 2017. Applications must be submitted online. Materials required for the application process include
- $50 application fee for first time applicants (non-refundable)
- Completed application form (demographics, narrative questions)
- Cover letter, current résumé, and headshot
- Leadership South Dakota Agreement Form
Approximately forty applicants from around the state will be selected to participate in Leadership South Dakota 2018—joining an alumni of over 120 Leadership South Dakota graduates.
Leadership South Dakota isn't for everyone. We are looking for a diverse range of motivated, driven South Dakotans; but we're also looking for something more. We want people committed to a better South Dakota. Our application process reflects this, and we structure our class size and makeup accordingly. If you aren't selected initially, we encourage you to re-apply for the next class.
The cost to each participant is $3,000 plus travel expenses. These costs can be covered by your employer or yourself. Applicants requesting partial financial assistance are required to complete and upload the Tuition Assistance Request Form with their program application.
Completing the online Leadership South Dakota application is the first step in the Leadership South Dakota selection process. A selection committee, consisting of a representative from each Corporate Sponsor, will select the class members for the 2017-2018 program. The application window begins February 1, 2017 and closes on March 31, 2017.
Please read carefully. Failure to follow instructions will prevent the application from being considered. The following items must be submitted by March 31, 2017.
A. ONLINE APPLICATION. The online application should be completed and submitted by March 31. If you are a previous applicant, no application fee is required. If you are a new applicant, a $50 fee (non-refundable) will be required. Leadership South Dakota is using PayPal to collect the application fees. If you are unable to use a PayPal account, please contact us at email@example.com. All applicants, including sponsored applicants and re-applicants, need to complete and submit all application materials.
B. COVER LETTER, RESUME, and HEADSHOT. A cover letter and current résumé must be uploaded to the application. The résumé should include any civic, professional and personal contributions you have made at the local, state or national levels. Additionally, please upload a professional headshot (in JPEG format) of yourself. Headshots will not be used in the selection process, but will be displayed on Leadership South Dakota’s website, if you are selected as a candidate.
C. LEADERSHIP SOUTH DAKOTA AGREEMENT FORM. A completed and signed agreement form must be uploaded along with the application. Please click here to download the agreement form.
OTHER APPLICATION NOTES:
- Partial financial assistance may be available and/or a fee payment plan may be arranged. If you require financial assistance, you must complete the Tuition Assistance Request Form and upload it with your application.
- If you are a sponsored applicant (an applicant that is fully funded by a Leadership South Dakota Corporate Sponsor) please check the appropriate box on the application.
- The selection committee may require additional information from each candidate prior to the selection meeting. If additional information is required, you will be notified via email with appropriate time to respond.
- Any questions about the application process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTES & DETAILS
|September 20 – 22, 2017||Pierre||Orientation and State Government|
|October 18 – 20, 2017||Brookings||Agriculture, Research, and Manufacturing|
|November 15 – 17, 2017||Rapid City||Tourism, Military, and Natural Resources|
|January 17 – 19, 2018||Mitchell||Education and Rural issues|
|February 21 – 23, 2018||Sioux Falls||Health and Financial Services|
|March 21 – 23, 2018||Kyle||Native American History and Culture|
|April 6, 2018||Chamberlin||Graduation Evening|